FINANCIAL SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
ACADEMY TUITION FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19 HARDSHIP
*NOTE: Applications will be considered only after submission of all required documentation at Studio@FaubourgTheatre.com and upon completion of In-Person Interview! Applications are prioritized on first come first serve basis!
Faubourg Theatre Ballet Arts Academy, under its Performing Arts Training Program develops pre-professional performing artists for the professional performing arts arena. The Academy offers performing arts instruction of the highest caliber, with internationally acclaimed certified instructors. FTBAA has established a limited number of needs-based scholarships to serve as a financial relief to children from under-served families, which are available to current and potential Students.
QUALIFYING CRITERIA - Applicants will be evaluated and scholarships will be awarded based on the following criteria:
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need for a scholarship, based on family size and a submitted tax return, or by other means determined to be proof of income.
- Scholarship applicants must demonstrate long-term interest in performing arts education.
- Scholarship Recipients are required to uphold the highest standards of class etiquette, as defined by FTBA Academy Policies.
- Full-Time attendance should be maintained, except in cases of Academy Member sickness, injury, family matters, or any other Parent/Guardian certified reason for absence.
- A new application must be submitted annually for each Year-Round or Summer Season request for scholarship.
- FTBAA cannot exist without a large volunteer base. Scholarship Recipients and their Parents are strongly encouraged to volunteer at least once during their scholarship period.
- If any of these expectations are not met, a scholarship may be revoked at any time, at the discretion of the Academy Committee.
- Application: Please complete the Application for Scholarship form and submit it to the office in a sealed envelope with the Applicant’s first and last name written on the outside.
- Interview: Schedule an interview with the Academy Director through the Office at FTBAA at Studio@FaubourgTheatre.com or call 630.289.3030.
- Acceptance: Faubourg Theatre Academy Committee will review each application and notify applicants via email within 2 weeks of application receipts and in-person interview completion.
- The number and monetary amount of scholarships will be awarded depending on the scholarship funds available.
- The Academy will determine, in their best judgment and discretion, which Academy Members present the strongest case for need of a scholarship, given the above criteria.
- The Scholarship will be applied to tuition for class instruction only.
- The Scholarship does NOT cover the Registration Fee, Costume Fees, Performance Fees, Tickets, Master Workshops. These fees must be paid in accordance to the communicated schedule.
- Scholarship Application details will be kept confidential and will be kept on file in the Administration Office.